Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Last Cup of Bead Soup from Miss Molly's Designs



It's that time -- time to say goodbye to a last helping of Bead Soup from Miss Molly's Designs.  Today I'm showing you a bracelet and a necklace I made with the purple and green enameled beads she sent.


Remember these?





I knew these would be my favorites -- they're SO in my color palette.  

First the necklace.  I decided to make a very simple necklace from the get-go.  The question this month was, what sort of beads would I decide to use as accents?

I left the pendant on my beading table (along with ten million friends) and hoped the right beads would roll along and snug up next to this pretty thing.  Lo and behold, they did, in the form of a bead swap package I received at some point along the way.  Green pearls.  Awesome!  I added purple Czech glass I bought at Bead & Button and here you go.


 I also made some earrings to match.


The last piece I made incorporated the large enameled beads in purple and green with tiny lampwork beads from yet another bead swap.  I strung the enamel beads with five or six tiny daisy spacers in between each bead.  Next, I made a bunch of dangles with little lampwork beads (these are truly tiny, only about 8mm in size).  I added two dangles to a jump ring that's large enough to slide back and forth over the daisy spacers, and there you go -- charm bracelet without chain.





I hope you enjoyed this month's Cup of Bead Soup with Miss Molly's Designs!  Stay tuned for next month's featured designer, and be sure to continue to visit Molly:


Molly Alexander

Shop:  Click here
Blog:  Click here
 
 

Lori Anderson creates jewelry for her web site, Lori Anderson Designs, and wrote the blog An Artist's Year Off.  She's also a contributor to Art Bead Scene.  She is also the creator of the Bead Soup Blog Party.

10 comments:

  1. Oh that bracelet is lovely so happy and bright!!! Perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors too. Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bracelet - I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both great! I love bracelets and you sure do make a pretty one! I'm hoarding pennies for when you're here in VA... can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly's beautiful beads are like putty in your hands, my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful creations Lori! I was so excited to see what you were going to make with this set in your signature colors. Thank you so very much for the opportunity to participate in "Cup of Bead Soup" with you my friend!

    :) Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girlfriend you ROCKED this cup of tasty soup! Can I have seconds?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your jewelry. You are a very talented lady!

    xoxo
    ziggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous bracelet and a wonderful way to highlight Molly's wonderful beads. the colors that she sent you are my favorites and the sparkle added by the tiny lampwork beads is precious. Would love to know where to get lampwork beads that small!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! It always makes my day!